Important information about IQOS products
IQOS offers a variety of quality, science-based smokeless products that are a much better choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes.
IQOS vision is that smokeless products will one day replace cigarettes completely.
Cigarette smoking causes serious illness and is addictive. Without a doubt, the best decision a smoker can make is to quit smoking and nicotine use altogether.
Minors should not use tobacco or nicotine in any form.
IQOS smokeless products are for adults who would otherwise continue to smoke or use other nicotine products.
We do not offer IQOS products to people who have never used tobacco or nicotine products or who have stopped using tobacco and nicotine products. Our smokeless products are not alternatives to quitting and are not intended as quitting aids.
IQOS products are not risk-free and compatible cartridges contain nicotine, which is addictive. However, switching to a smokeless product is a better choice than continuing to smoke in general.
IQOS supports our adult smoke free product users in their journey to complete conversion through education and counseling.
To experience the benefits of smokeless products, consumers must fully switch and quit smoking permanently.
Safety warnings and instructions
Tobacco and nicotine
- Tobacco sticks used with IQOS products contain nicotine, which is addictive.
- IQOS products are not risk-free. The best way to reduce tobacco and nicotine-related health risks is to quit tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Some users of nicotine-containing products may experience abdominal pain, chest pain, choking sensation, cough, difficulty breathing, dizziness, dry mouth, dry throat, gingivitis, headache, malaise, nasal congestion, nausea, mouth irritation, palpitations, throat irritation and vomiting.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used by people who have or are at risk of heart disease, are diabetics, are epileptic or suffer from seizures.
- Nicotine-containing products should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or think you may be pregnant, you should stop tobacco and nicotine use altogether.
- Quitting smoking or switching to IQOS and associated tobacco sticks may require dosage adjustment of certain medications (e.g., theophylline, clozapine, ropinirole).
- If you have questions about whether you should use IQOS given an existing health condition, consult a health care provider.